Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post

Garage
I get 'invites' on occasion around the Seattle/Tacoma I-5 corridor. Most of the time I get thumbs up's or just recently, cellphone pics from the passengers.

I was on my way home last month from visiting my bio-mom (I'm adopted, and just recently found her.. another story) and cruising North on I-5 just south of Tacoma. It was about 10pm and all of a sudden, a gaggle of random imports pass me. Honda's, WRX's, Datsuns, etc... I got a thumbs up from most of them while they would quickly and aggressively pull up next to me and revved their engines.

I didn't take the bait.

I was about a mile from my exit onto 512 when a little Nissan came up next to me and tried to egg me on. Something I rarely do: I let him have it and dropped it into 4th. A short burst and bye-bye! I quickly slowed and he caught up to me and passed with a thumbs up.

I think some of it is just "Let me see it go!" rather than an actual race invite. It was fun though.

A few weeks later I was at a go-cart track in Tukwila for a friend/co-workers birthday and this young kid was starring at me.
I walked past and he stopped me and said: 'I think you and my Dad used to work together. May Dad is Scott...'
Me: 'Oh yea, I remember you from the reunion last year.' Cool, how ya been?'
Kid: 'Good, I see you got the Porsche here. I wondered if that was you a couple of weeks ago on I-5.'
Me: 'What?! That was you in the Nissan?!'
Kid: 'Ha, yea just a coincidence!'

Small world.

Last edited by flat6pilot; 11-20-2017 at 06:44 PM..
Old 11-20-2017, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)