Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardman View Post
Your list is pretty much the same as mine except I'll also add pickup trucks to the list you provided. Maybe it's just a GA thing with the pickups....even 4WDs....go figure?

Chris
The other day I had some freakin' arshole truck with some monster zillion liter motor think he would challenge me. Stuck to me like glue through the first little section of my favorite twisty road until I said enough of that sheet. He still tried to keep up, but no contest. The problem with this scenario is that I was of a mind to take him on, and that's not always safe considering the digits I saw fly by on the speedo and the poor innocent bystander cars
in the way. But I knew the road like the back of my hand and just went for it. The guy probably came in his pants and has a story to tell his favorite squeeze.

We're magnets....face it. Just this weekend as probably the last ride prior to winter, some dude was on my ass at the stated 60 mph limit...I'm being nice and docile, confident in what I drive, but he just had to break the speed limit and pass me anyway. I let him get a couple hundred feet ahead then blew by him. Suffice it to say by the time I shifted to 4th, I would have been nabbed for reckless driving in the exess. Love it...........
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)