View Single Post
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackrash View Post
Looks to me like the oil return tubes were leaking.
No doubt, and you're right - that's the wrong side of the cam carrier to identify the leak I was seeing at the top of five. After looking over the top side, I've come to the conclusion that it wasn't leaking at the head, but at the rocker shafts.

All the rocker shafts are in really poor shape. They show pitting, scratches and the cam carrier itself has wear marks from the rsr seals on the shafts. The rocker bushings themselves are all worn as well.

what's interesting is the grooves on the shafts and in the housing, it almost looks like the shafts spun in the bore...Maybe they got loose at some point?

What's the best practice on ensuring a leak free bore moving forward? I guess the bores cannot be machined out as the rocker shafts are only one size.Of course the shaft expands when torqued down. I'm hoping a clean bore, new shafts with seals and bushings will keep me leak free.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html

Last edited by 75 911s; 11-21-2017 at 05:31 AM..
Old 11-21-2017, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)