View Single Post

When I had a 911 turbo I learned that the currently available aluminum color Bosch coils that are made in Brazil will not last when they are mounted in the original location > upside down on the fan housing. I guess the vibration and heat cycles are too much for them and they eventually leak out oil and then they quit working with no warning.

The highest quality longest lasting new coil you can buy that has the correct impedance for the original Bosch CD ignition is the epoxy filled Permatune coil. They're painted black.

MSD coils are the wrong impedance and will eventually burn out the Bosch CDI box. I think the word impedance is referring to the total resistance of the primary wire coil in the ignition coil. Ignition coils are similar to a step up transformer.

The older black painted Bosch ignition coils that were original and made in Germany were the good ones. They are not available new anymore unless someone has new old stock ones.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #729 (permalink)