View Single Post

Porsche Crest

As promised - the results!

What can I say other than that the entire experience was amazing?! As stated before I've crewed a fair amount, but this was my first time in the drivers seat and words can't describe what a blast I had!

I started out running 36psi cold all around on Kumho Ecsta 712's and found things a bit slippery. I dropped pressure to 32psi and that seemed to be a reasonble point. By the time I got off the track, talked over my last run with the instructor, and got the car parked it was too late to get a meaningful hot pressure reading so I don't know what kind of heat expansion was going on.

I was very fortunate to have a great group of folks in my group (Green - newbies) and a number of other 924/944 drivers on track to compare myself with. My knowledge/skills/track awareness improved exponentially and by the time the weekend was over the differnce in my driving was night and day - I passed most people (in my group) and was only passed by a couple - two late model 996's and a fellow named Keith who had a beautiful 944S with a 968 engine. My last run out I was allowed to Solo which was amazing up until my rather, um... dramatic ...spin...

Humble pie - the spin - aka how NOT to take "the Kink". Last run of the day - track hot - tires hot - getting slippery - Keith in the afforementioned 944S gaining more rapidly than my ego wanted to let him - still not sure what exactly happened but next thing I know I'm at red line in 4th - turning in to the corner and - spin, spin, spin - most exciting...

Anyway, my thanks to everyone for their advice and good wishes. I have to have an old football injury taken care of (knee surgery) so it'll be a while before I get to do this again, but the addiction has undeniably taken hold!!

Brian - it was a pleasure to meet you! Hope you did well and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Koni Adjustables, 17" Cup Wheels,
Tenzo Seats, 4-Point Cage/Bar, etc.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)