View Single Post
Thanks Tom! I saw that there is A Pre 1979 And Post 1979. I never knew what the Difference was but it sounds like as usual with most companies, that they “Improved” (Read Cheaper to make) the car by making it Worse! I bought the Car in Arlington VA in 1999 as a Spare car so I could finish the Fender Flares on my wife’s 1976 911s that she later totaled at 130 mph on the off ramp on I-95 at 198 for Laurel (a Saturn cut her off twice not intentionally scared of a Truck parked on the side of the Road. She was barley bruised!) We lived in Washington DC until 2014.

Saturday I got the New Ireland Engineering Hubs and Bearing Kits. Sunday I did the Left side of the car and the Wheel Play is Gone! Took it for a Ride and checked it again and still gone! My feeling is that the inner Race of the bearing must have worn on the Axle / Spindle just enough to give it play. Now as soon as I get another set of Hubs from Ireland (the Hubs were Re-Drilled for the Lug Bolts but they did not relocate the Brake rotor hold down screw). You KNOW I am happy that I will not need to spend $3-400 for a set of Struts!
Old 12-04-2017, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)