View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quote:
I'd like to max out as Brian RarelyL8. 4.5 lip and 6.5 inner barrel sits out just a hair for my liking (no spacer).
The front spacing on my wheels was maxed out to give the absolute widest stance possible while completely fitting under the flares with no rubbing under any circumstances. The backspacing on the wheels was also maximized. All these measurements were taken knowing that the tires being used would have a section width equal to wheel width, so the sidewall would be flush with the wheel lip. Using more narrow wheels would require less backspacing as the tire section width begins to exceed the wheel width and will rub the inner suspension alignment bolts. The wheel would need to be reduced in the same amount in the front spacing as it is in the backspacing so the tire remains centered in the wheel well.
Here are a few pictures of the wheels I modified for the task.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)