View Single Post

I have the ERP (Eisenlohr Racing products) 935-style spring plates and run coilovers in my race car.Installed in 2015.

I bought the ERP parts from Tarett, which is a company I recommend. Prior to those plates, I ran modified factory plates with plastic bushings. On those I modified the bushings and housings so I could grease them from time to time (Zerk fittings).

I ran those for 15 years-- for sale in classifieds. The allow for lower camber settings for bias ply tires, or higher camber settings for radials on a very low car.

Anyway, when I inspected the torsion tube area prior to the 935 style plate install, I noticed some cracking around the plate bosses. So I fabbed up some metal reinforcement plates and had them welded in.

Not mandatory for coilovers, but if you see cracks (which can be pretty common) it is a good idea to deal with them. And if you are thinking ahead and have the resources, not a bad idea to be proactive.

Elephant Racing Products actually sell parts for this-- convenience. They are pre-cut and ready to be welded into place. But you can make some using a cardboard/tape template and some scrap metal. All it takes is a jig saw.

These forums have some threads wwherein this type of reinforcement is discussed/described.
Porsche Racing Club #4
BMWCCA
NASA

Last edited by Mahler9th; 12-30-2017 at 04:02 PM..
Old 12-30-2017, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)