View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I cut the stud off flush with the nut.
If the rim is in direct interference you can run a few mm spacing as the 2 points will never move.
If the tire sidewall is in direct interference you have to allow more room for tire flex while cornering.
With my current setup the tire sidewall is flush with the rim so the rim can be so close to the nut that only a paint stick will fit between. No rubbing at all. With my old setup (12x15 Fuchs with 345/35-15) the tire sidewall stuck out past the rim bead and would hit the nut during hard cornering. I had to back it off with spacers a few extra mm to alleviate that problem. The passenger's side is the biggest problem, the oil lines also were relocated as the tire hit them as well.
Ok, thank you for confirming. Do you have any pics of your setup showing just how close for reference? I see you tried the elephant high clearance oil lines but they didn't fit. Why, fitting bends? I was looking at those but have the rear ducts as well. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2018, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)