View Single Post

Garage
No, the EDIS module is on the right wall of the engine compartment. I moved it off of the same mounting plate as the coil pack.

When I looked at how Ford had mounted the EDIS module, they ran a 36" harness from the coil pack on the engine to the EDIS module on the radiator core support behind the right headlight of the vehicle I pulled this from. Given that they could have saved money by mounting the module near the coil pack but decided to bare the cost of the harness to run it up front, I figured there had to be a reason. I know others have run a GM coil pack and control module very near each other but for my application (a 914-6), mounting the EDIS module on the right side engine compartment wall allowed me to hide it. You still see the stock engine harness running to the stock circuit board on the left wall but all of the new engine electronics are hidden by the battery on the right wall so the install still looks "old school" for the most part.

I hadn't finished the wiring when I took this pic. Need to take a few more now that it's done.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)