View Single Post

Garage
Ok another item I wasn't planning but I found out when the previous owner did the swap he only ran one rear fuel pump. I decided to run dual fuel pumps like the oem 930's so I needed to replace my fuel lines so the tunnel lines could handle the pressure from the front pump. Also after seeing the fires caused by old fuel lines I wanted to replace them anyway. Thanks to Len Cummings (BoxsterGT) for making my fuel lines and helping me figure out how to pull them through the tunnel using the edger cord method.

After draining the fuel tank and disconnecting the fuel lines I ran edger cord through the old tunnel lines and the new lines. I also taped them together to keep the new lines clean.

This is a pic after I removed the pedal cluster at the front bulkhead. The '75 has a smaller return line so I only pulled the lines to this point so I could use a step drill bit to make the return hole larger on the right side of the photo.

This is the front side of the front bulkhead where I used the step drill bit from under the car. Dewalt makes a small right angle drill attachment which gave me access to drill the front return line hole without dropping the front steering rack. I also bought a step drill bit that northern tool sells that works with the Dewalt attachment. I used this method for the back hole before I started feeding the new lines in the tunnel.

After drilling out the hole and painting.

Best pic I could get in the small space after installing the new fuel lines and grommets.

Rear pic of the new lines and grommet installed.

I ran a separate relay for the front pump and fed the wires through the grommet at the brake master cylinder.

Attached the front pump to the front suspension after fabricating a mount and using some T-bolt clamps to hold it. I also used a piece of 2 3/8" silicone coupler hose to help quite down the fuel pump. I may change this later but its very secure.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)