View Single Post

Garage
Major score!!! A 92 with just 25k original miles is worth a pretty penny. People have paid close to 6 figures for cars like this. IMO it is worth taking your time on this. First thing I would do is gather as much history on this car you can. You might not care about objective evidence of its history but someone else will and if you decide one day to sell you will appreciate having it.

Knowing how the car was stored for all these years is critical. Worst case scenario. Drain fuel tank, inspect all fuel lines replace if cracked. Replace fuel filter, drain oil. You might consider sending the oil out for analysis. Drain and flush brake system, inspect all components. Replace tires. Battery etc as needed. Adjust as you go based on overall condition.

You will also want to inspect all oil lines for cracks, brittleness and hardness along with all suspension bushings Odds are if the car was well stored most of these things will be fine. There are also the hydraulic lines for the AWD system and the transfer case flush

If it were me I would drop the engine and inspect everything along with pulling the plugs and inspecting the cylinders with a borescope. Remove valve covers check head studs clutch thickness and as much as I could. Good time to do a valve adjustment and inspect distributer belt. It seems like overkill but it would be in your best interest over time.

Best luck and enjoy it once you have it up and running.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)