View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908/930 View Post
Nice cooling system Brad,

Have you considered using some type of oil based heat transfer fluid, I am assuming that you are using water based coolant, just thinking that it would react less, will loose some efficiency, but could take much higher temp's without trying to boil over.
The thought had crossed my mind, but I did not know if the Bosch water recirc pump that I am using, would work with the heavier oil. Plus, using some low pressure fittings, if I did end up getting a leak, I did not want it near the exhaust W/G's , etc.
But, I think that the oil would work a lot better for heat transfer and not boiling over.

Also, Spenny I did not think about the water cooling circuit in the W/G's. I never had a problem with them overheating.... Hmm, now you have me thinking
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-3584RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 01-16-2018, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)