View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK McDonald View Post
Hey Harborman - I think you are right when it comes to normally not having to add water to a late model battery with a healthy charging system. I've always been a bit on the cautious side when it comes to the maintenance of all my cars. It's not that I expect there will be a problem when I check the oil, tire air pressure or water level in the battery. I was just suggesting that Gab eliminate the easy stuff so it is not (potentially) part of his electrical malfunction. Like has already been mentioned, just from reading his initial write-up, it sounds like cleaning up the jumper post connections may solve the issue ?

Most of the cars and motorcycles I own and enjoy are considered orphans by most people because they are too temperamental, too expensive or too much trouble to keep on the road. A perfect example is my 1972 Volkswagen Bus "Ol' Blue" which because it has difficulty getting out of his own way, has a bumper sticker that says "Don't Honk - Push".

Michael
Hi, Just wondering if your VW Bus has flowers and peace signs painted on the sides.

Yes, I think a good cleaning of the battery connections and cables might solve his problems. I did that on my 928, but later found the negative battery cable was bad internally but looked fine on the outside. I pried open the crimped connection and dust came out!
Previously owned: 67 Vette, 427 L88 Stingray, 74 De Tomaso Pantera L
Old 01-19-2018, 05:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)