View Single Post
Administrator

A little artful reflection on a track day morning

It's always different, but this time the perfect moment happens on the drive in. Iím awake at 5:00, a cold January morning, in the car and on my way by 5:30. Iíve been doing this so long that Iíve got the kinks worked out. Thereís hot coffee within easy reach. Good heat from the exchangers down on the carís headers. Noise canceling earbuds filter most of the engine sound, but not so much that I canít hear how well the thing is running. I have music coming in through the earbuds, as well as an audio feed from the radar detector, which means I can plant myself in the empty left lane and enjoy watching the sun slowly rise in the hour and a quarter that it takes to get over the San Gabriels and all the way out to the oldest and fastest road course in North America. Thereíll be a lot of adrenaline later, but this drive up out of the city, through the mountains and up to the high-altitude desert is a tremendously calm experience, every time I do it.

https://youtu.be/R_9t1b_sQ9g
Old 01-19-2018, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)