View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwon View Post
One thing that I did at the trial fitment stage was to stand the chassis at the front torsion bar fittings and by the rear torsion bar tubes, then added about 400 lbs to the seating area. Lots of flex and surprisingly did a good job of approximating the final mating of the panels.
Johan
It won't suprise you to hear that I have thought a lot about this!! Usually when I should be sleeping.....

I won't lock down the final alignment until the car is substantially assembled and on the ground, but I am secretly hoping I don't have to disturb the door hinges and the paint on the bolts, and also the hood to cowl alignment. Everything else can move around a bit.

Were you able to quantify the changes you had to make when you added the weight?

I did end up shimming my doors up a bit at the rear by adding .5mm of shim to the bottom hinges. It occurred to me that maybe I'd end up having to take them out later.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)