View Single Post
In the Fires of Hell.....

Garage
I was able to complete the conversion this weekend, thanks to the help of Vic (Pauerman) and an extra wiring harness / central electrics board.

Here is an overall summary of the changes needed:

First you need to acquire an extra foglight switch and connector for it from a parts recycler. I put the extra foglight switch (Now your DL switch) in the empty location just to the left of the current foglight switch.

All necessary wiring changes connecting the bridge adapter to the relays can be done through connections within the wiring harness.

Circuit #56a needs to connect to Pin #5 of the DL connector. First, remove the wire currently connected to Pin #5 of the Foglight connector and insulate it and tie it off (12V from Fuse #9). This is the black wire in the upper portion of the picture below:

Now solder a wire from Pin #5 of the DL connector over to Pin #56a located in the turn signal/high beams connector that attaches to the stalk assembly. 56a is a white wire for my car, and I stripped a small area of the insulation and soldered the wire from Pin #5 to it:

Modification of the wiring to relay G12 was needed to provide fused power to Pin #30. Fuse #9 is for the "Complimentary Driving Lights", and following this through the panel it was found to connect to Pin #8 of G6 (Bridge adapter). This shows up a "SI.9" in the wiring diagram. Connecting Pin 6 to Pin 8 in the Bridges Adapter (G6) will complete this connection, giving a 15A fused, switched circuit to power the driving lights.

Modification of the G6 Bridge Adapter consisted of breaking connections between pins 5-1 and 0-7, then connecting 6 to 8. This actually proved to be a bit more delicate than first planned, as there are multiple pins that have to be routed around within the relay when adding connections:

Here is G6 in it's original form:

Here is the final result after modifications, with the added wire requiring routing around the backing pins for the relay to be reassembled:

Connecting Pin #2 of the DL switch to Pin #86 of the G12 relay is the hardest connection to make, as this requires modification of the G6 Bridge Adapter. This was done with an additional pin/wire added to the relay to connect Pin #7 of G6 to Pin #2 of the DL Switch. A hole was drilled into the cover of G6 and the wire routed from the relay through the central electrics area down into the passenger compartment to connect to the DL switch. Not the perfect solution here, but the only way I could find to make this connection. The original G6 bridge adapter on the left, the completed and modified one on the right:

1987 944S - Restored salvage title, ready to live again

Last edited by kdjones2000; 05-25-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Old 01-24-2018, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)