View Single Post

When I did this I only had it on the car for a few months if I remember correctly. I used a generic brass fitting with quarter inch male pipe threads on it. I ran a 10x1 tap over the pipe threads so it would thread into the WUR nicer.
It was a possible fire hazard if the brass T fitting I used ever broke from engine vibration and the weight of the sending unit hanging off it. That made me uncomfortable so I eventually removed it.

The sending unit I used was from a Harbor Freight 0-100 psi oil pressure gauge kit. That's probably the cheapest sending unit available that is made for oil based fluid and I didn't know how long it would work with gasoline but I figured it was worth a try and it worked fine. It never leaked while it was on the car.

I would not recommend it for long term use though because it's not made for this and it was a fire risk if it ever leaked and gas ran down on to the hot headers or something.

Here's a few pics of it.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)