View Single Post

Thanks Jim. Excellent. Yes I can see you have the same issue with respect to the orientation of the T lugs - enough angle to point to the FD and enough to clear the WUR return banjo. A fine line I have been wrestling with using shims under the brass T. I have shied away from a sender unit like that - for the same reason - stuff hanging off the T. I am going for a center mounted pressure gauge on top of the brass fitting. I see you look like you were able to use your original WUR-FD fitting - you have a flex hose to the FD (at least partly). Makes things much easier. Mine is solid line all the way - so I have had to remake a new solid line and ditch that fitting. There seems to be some sort of restrictor in that WUR fitting so I am a bit nervous about dumping it.
But almost there. I have to make this fairly bullet proof for track use.
I did crack the FD/WUR line right at the point where it comes out of the FD once. Vibration on the track I think, coupled with the fact it used to have some pressure diaphragm enrichment thing hanging off that line. I did not know it had cracked until I got to the pits and could smell fuel. The engine bay was awash with fuel, and I had been blasting around the track with that line spraying fuel over the engine. It must have been a hair trigger away from igniting really. Very scary. I consider myself lucky to still have the engine.
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 01-29-2018, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)