View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I'm not sure what you are calling a restrictor.
I've used both OEM and adapter fittings to attach gages depending on how it needed to be plumbed. In the middle picture there is a USA fitting going to the braided line with gages and the OEM fitting connecting the line to the FD. When I was done with all that I removed everything and screwed the OEM fitting back into the WUR.
Hi Brian, The fitting that screws into the WUR, and receives the FD line is the one I am talking about. I had everything set up y/day, with an alternative fitting because I could not find an end fitting to plumb into that OEM unit. The factory fitting has something pressed into the bottom of it - I cannot see clear thru. I take it to be some sort of restrictor rather than a screen type filter. So I was very wary of deleting it. I finally ripped out everything I did y/day and started again. I went to the local bosch injector/fuel service guy. He said those fittings on the end of the line into the WUR are unobtainium. After a long conversation he went out the back and came back with an end fitting chopped off some metal line. Approximate but not exact. Spent an hr or so on the lathe and modified it enough that hopefully it is a good fit in the WUR union. So I have just finished reinstalling the original bit and feel better about it. Will post pics when I get my camera back in a few days. Still waiting for the gauge.
Do these gauges have a habit of rupturing?? Hopefully I will have everything pretty well nailed down and minimum vibration etc. But I will be depending on the gauge integrity. But I would think it would b the same issue with a sender unit? And probably the same issue if a WUR disc ruptured?
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 01-29-2018, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)