View Single Post
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
Big decisions will be concerning elements such as AC. I did an upgrade on an 83 SC and felt it was a waste of money. Had no AC in either my 69 or 73 and never felt lacking. I do think in this situation it would be a value killer to take it out.
Mac & Cheeze, agreed about the "value killer" comment - a/c is very appealing to anyone that lives in a hot and humid climate and wants to actually drive the car and not end up soaked in sweat while doing so. For example, although this year's "winter" has been colder than usual for North TexASS, there have been many days in the upper 60s-mid 70s, and while not hot, the almost continuously high humidity here means that I run the a/c even on those days to keep the cabin comfortable. I also do a lot of highway driving, and doing so with windows down really gets old in a hurry - nice to have a/c to avoid that.

I'm curios about what a/c mods you did on the other car that you said were a "waste of money" - many things can be done to make the 911 a/c system meatlocker cold, but there is a lot of money and time involved (definitely a lot of money if a shop does the work).
Old 02-03-2018, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)