View Single Post
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
The spindles don't have splines. They are a tapered cone with a straight threaded section on the end. The wheel bearing sits on the tapered cone, the hub sits on the bearing and is retained by the special split nut (with clamping screw) that threads onto the threaded section. The hub and rotor are a single piece.

I am not sure what, if any, VW hubs fit on the spindle. I suspect the 411 hubs do, but if that is the case it would be due to them being the exact same parts.

The stub axles on the rear have splines. I don't remember the spline count, just that it is different from the count for the 911 stubs. The hub is a separate part from the rotor on the rear.

The only brake solutions that I know of that bolt on are the two you have mentioned, plus a few people who have machined hubs out of billet to fit the rotors of their choice. If you do find that you can bolt a common VW upgraded brake system onto the 914, please let us know which one and how you did it!!

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 02-10-2018, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)