View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiily View Post
Porsche tax!
Could be but I don't think so in this case. Shop did PPI on 951 in October for free and seems to be very reasonable on other stuff. (I provided the shop with some very-hard-to-find pieces for a customer's 1968 911 that the paint shop had lost.)

I must admit I am a little 'gun shy' working on the car: I am an air-cooled guy (2 '68 912's a coupe and a SWT); and all the plastic bits on the 951 seem to be old and quite brittle (no surprise). That said, I have gone after and fixed numerous smaller issues including those requiring R&R of dash (fixing the light pipes for the instrument display, dash LED bulb install), door panel (broken lock actiating rod). I have recently finished front bumper cover R&R to include replacement of headlight washer check valve and supply tubing and repair of cracked grill supports (epoxy/fiberglass).

Question: do you have the timing belt tensioning tool(s), just wing it or is there some other 'cool' way to check belt tension?

Thanks!
Peter
Old 02-21-2018, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)