View Single Post

Hello everyone,

Today i took some pix of a second lid. Lets call the former one lid A, and this one lid B just to make it easy. I'll post tonight if successful from my smart phone.

Lid B has different issues, or rather different by comparison. In some ways its better, or worse perhaps, but I'm not sure which. I would hope to get the group's insight on which one might be better or best to keep.

This lid B has no corrosion. When i first saw it i thought it was in perfect condition. After, i saw cracks in the paint at lower outer edge, most likely from stress when closing the lid. However, though paint is cracked
and a little elevated at the cracks, i cannot feel the true contour to decifer a bend, nor is it easy to see with the naked eye or by a photo. Also there is a small ding which i encircled with a red marker. This ding doesn't seem to be a real issue does it?

Finally, it appears to be original and untampered with, and all original badges. So many of the mint ones for sale often have been painted, prepped etc. In those cases one would have to take the seller's word for what they claim on history. I think any buyer would be more attracted to an original one that hasn't been touched, since most likely they will have to repaint/restore it themselves anyhow.

Attempting to post the photos shortly.
Regards and thanks to all,

Bernard
Old 03-02-2018, 03:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)