View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZJimmy View Post
Glad I came across this thread! Not hijacking but I have a similar issue with 5th to 4th engagement. All other gears are fine and can go into 4th from 3rd, it's just the way down that there's an issue. I only have wevo psj, wevo clamp, seine and factory short shift (not wevo shifter-this was going to be next) and have been really battling with coupler adjustment (thinking it was this) as if I change I then battle with other gears-make further adjustment and it's back to 5/4 issue again! I'm going to now try the clamp adjustment only as suggested here (after making a mark with current location) to see if this works. Thanks for the info all and good luck with your adjustments!
I was having this issue after the WEVO shifter installation, i.e., the 5-4 downshift was balky at best.

It went away after I re-learned to shift! If I pulled the lever straight back from 5th it hit the detent, as expected. If I pulled the lever hard to the left it wouldn't go into 4th. Solution - pull the left moderately lefit and it goes right into 4th. Doh!

BTW - I did the whole deal - WEVO shifter (tall knob), PSJ coupler, all new bushings and even motor and trans mounts. Yes, it shifts much better. But, be aware all this will not cure worn sychros. Still a PITA down shifting into 2nd sometimes and into 1st unless the car is fully stopped.

So, you may not need an adjustment to the shifting parts, but maybe adjust the driver.

Good luck.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)