Thread: Ken's 911E
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flojo View Post
Ken, so how's it going?!
Funny you ask! It's not, and it has not for weeks but...

Next month, my friend Bill is flying in from Philly, which according to Shaun, will be right after I get all my parts back from Tru-6. Bill, a college pal from '70, has been rebuilding an '83 SC for the last 10 years and is just flying out here to help me put Red back together before it goes to storz to get the engine installed, maybe by June or July. They took me seriously when I said no time frame required. I'm now their favorite engine rebuild. I never call. Stop by from time-to-time, but just to say hi and look at eye candy.

In the meantime, I got a new set of wheels for some mountain bike trails, not mountain biking, biking on mountain trails made for bikes, although I can take it moderate off trail. They are coming out with a set of balloon tires.

I saw this foldable E-bike about a year ago, got one for $850, now they're $1250, and they'll keep going up. Good Grief! They already did go up, now they're $1450. It was an Indiegoggo start up out of Denmark. It was the first fold up I found with a substantially robust frame and adjustable articulated suspension. The bike cruises. Fits in trunk. The bag is from Amazon.

I'm thinking I should rebuild the pedal assembly. Is that a DIY less than 5 wrenches in difficulty?

I've read the tutoriual here, looks pretty straight forward, except for some trickiness about some springs. Springs that will not go back can be troublesome. From the looks of the rusty floor anchor bolts, the assembly has never been removed.

'69 911E

Last edited by kghjr; 03-15-2018 at 03:48 PM..
Old 03-15-2018, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #686 (permalink)