View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
A ruf 5spd is 930 based with a 915ish 1st gear in the tailcone. Look farther down pg 1 or 2 of this forum and you will find a thread with pictures where we recently discussed them.
The 930 short bell housing transaxle I have in a 77 930 @ 7K is 52 in first 85 in second 125 in 3rd, 150 in fourth and if it could get to 7K in fifth around 190. It is an old build 930 that Andial had something to do with in the day. Not sure it is even a RUF. It has a 930 trans number but not sure if it has a RUF tail cone. Any thoughts? I have to go against the spring towards the driver and reverse is up and first down with a dogleg shift to second. I've had it over 15 years 15K miles and no problems. It is a strong trans as the HP is estimated @ around 400 by Deiter @ Andial. I called shortly after I bought it as they had just rebuilt the motor again. Don't remember if I asked who built the transaxle when I spoke to him 15 years ago. It was an fast & furious car on the streets in the day as a Porsche club judge remembered it when attending those things when he was a student @ UCLA late 70s early 80s. It has a very unusual color, Royal Purple, probably the only 930 that color which is why he remembered it when being shown by me @ a Porsche concours about a decade ago. So it has had many hole shots and the trans is still fine, so a 915 first gear or could a better gear be fitted ?

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-17-2018 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-17-2018, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)