View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
There should be a ground on one side of the air plate PLUG, and not the other. If you can, get you ohmeter across the sw terminals when plug removed. Move airplate slighty - I know - running out of hands. But drop a weight on it so it is open (not something that will fall down hole - screw driver handle or similar. Then close plate and measure again - same or different. I am suspicious that it is adjustable, and may be out of adjustment. Been a while since in there.
Alan
Hey Alan,

I don't think the air plate switch itself is adjustable. Only the metering arm/plate is adjustable, which I would advise against in this scenario.

Bad switch (it's normally closed, opens when the metering arm is deflected), or the ground wire that corresponds to the "one side of the air plate plug" that you refer to. If I read all the schematics correctly before leaving my post way back in 2010, we need to interrupt the ground for the pumps to run (on an '87 anyway). That's accomplished by pulling the plug, a bad switch that no longer closes at rest, or a wire fault back to the relay. I think....anyway.

If it's the switch, it would appear to be a pain in the royal ass to get to for replacement. Even testing said switch with an ohm meter is a PITA.

Shannon, stay with it or ignore it...other than the accident safety reason for this whole weird electrical crap that the good Dr. Porsche dreamed up.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)