View Single Post
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftday View Post
Hi Quattrorunner, I may have sold you that clutch for the 915 back in the day. Hope that served you well upto the 930. Congrats on the EFI Power!

Now for the the new setup I would suggest sticking with the Sachs brand.

Few important notes and reading through the reviews:
+ Inspection and read of your used components, flywheel, disc, pressure cover, ring gear, releaser, fork, guide tube and cable will tell you allot and help you select the the correct parts. IMO it's best to get apart and inspect and then develop / optimize the parts list.
+ It is really common for there to be mismatches with the clutch disc and pressure plates. There are disc thickness and other differences. Mixing up brands and performance covers / discs can get you in trouble. Also KEP or others trying to adapt and quality control all the variations is not so easy.
+ 77 is a split year with the clutch cables.
+ The earlier starter ring gear has 3 additional holes that allow clearance of the limit pins. This clearance is needed on the short covers.
+ The performance covers have 3 or thicker limit straps which really helps durability.
+ Trying to one up the engineering on the Sachs parts to save some bucks isn't worth it in the long run in my experience.

So the standard clutch is out so would suggest:
SACHS 88 3082 999 594 - RUF 5 speed cover and needs the stock (930 116 014 02) spring hub disc and releaser. You should be good safely upto 600 ft/lbs.
Currently ~$1500 range

The next cover Sach Performance 883083 999574 (934 / 935) comes with preinstalled release bearing and is ONLY for use with Sachs Performance 881861 999615 - Clutch disc. Bit more cost and stiffer pedal but good for 650+ ftlbs tq.

Hope this helps!
This inline what other reputable folks have told me as well...
Thanks
Old 03-21-2018, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)