View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
I swapped out the old generator for an alternator conversion. The kit came with an alternator, strap, fan bolt and a belt. The belt was just slightly smaller in diameter compared to the generator belt.
If I recall correctly, I noticed it starting to happen as the engine did warm-up and when blipping the throttle. Which of course makes sense, as things do expand as they get hotter {except for ice}.

Mark
Actually, when you heat ice, the molecules gain kinetic energy and the ice expands until it melts

To the OP, I've had success diagnosing a belt squeal (insert Rawknees mating call here) or lack thereof with a couple shots of belt dressing or WD40 when none is available (which is always) when running. If the noise changes/subsides it's your belts/pulleys/etc.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)