View Single Post

Thanks for the ideas.

I can't find my invoice now to check items, I think it is still in the car since the rebuild.
I was told that my original pistons and rods were in extremely good condition and the bearing were replaced as a matter of course. The only issue was the one head stud.
The car has only 180 000km and I have had it since 140 000. I am always careful when I drive to have the engine heat up correctly. about 10-12 km or so.
I'll have a more careful listen when I fetch the car later this week and ask the questions. Perhaps I am just paranoid. I can always record the engine for reference!
They would have used Porsche OE items as they always do. I also insist on that. It may just be later items from 964 or 993 models (like the head studs being 993).

I am not really concerned about the noise itself, just that something may wear in the engine unnecessarily, precipitating expensive repairs again or at worst damage the engine severely. I am not quite certain how bad piston slap is. I only heard the term the first time today and did some quick checks online.
2014 BMW R NineT motorcycle.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)