View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTL View Post
Might be worth an ask to Clint at Rebel Racing, as I see he's recently started to offer these. I know he's had occasional issues with timely service and sending out parts. But he's usually very forthcoming with technical information. I don't think he'd be offering these for sale if he felt they were compromised in any way.
I'm a satisfied Rebel customer and he is one of the other options I'm considering besides the KW kit. I know he offers shortened and revalved rear shocks but no mention on the site of revalved and shortened strut inserts for fronts. I've reached out to him via email. Problem is he seems to have two websites and two emails.....

My other option is Elephant - they offer services to revalve and shorten fronts and rears,
for $525 per axle, or you can buy their von shocks outright for $700/pair. A bit pricier but no doubt a good value given they can be tailored to the application. Of course there is no question about the quality or the service behind them.

Still hoping to find out more info on the KW - it's nice to see that they are supporting the classic 911 market, and I was impressed to see they actually have a chassis platform/dyno. The double adjustable feature would be nice and they are described as having digressive high speed compression damping which is on my "must have" list.

The KW setup isn't cheap, but in my case I have a set of brand new Bilstein front struts and inserts I could sell to make up some of the premium.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)