Thread: K27-7200 issue
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
K27 is a very robust turbo, if heat killed it then the oil flow or volume could not keep up or something was causing excessive heat. I've seen them run cherry red before due to a lean fuel or timing issue. I'd check that with a 3LDZ before spending good money on a new turbo.
I made an error in the K27 designation. Mine is a 7006. Here is what my turbo guy has sent me;
"There are a couple of noticeable differences, one the 3ld has a larger diameter turbine journal shaft, can absorb and displace heat a little better. Two the 3ld has the turbine end bearing closer to the turbine head, hence not the same amount of unsupported weight as that of the K27 7006. Three the 3ld runs at a slower shaft speed to that of the K27."
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)