Thread: K27-7200 issue
View Single Post
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
They nailed it. Bullseye. My only ? would be why divide to engine size. You can build a very quick 2.7.
I had it wrong...the cutoff was 2.4 liters. But they expanded the rules and classing for this season. The VGTU and VGTO classes are new. Pretty sure my car which was eligible for VO class last year will fall into VGTU this year. Its stock displacement SC era engine (so nominally under 3L), but its fully built and I have a huge wing on the car.

From the 2018 Rulebook:

At selected Club Races there may be a Vintage Run Group for eligible cars. Drivers must have a PCA Competition License obtained under the normal Club Racing rules. Cars must have, or acquire at their first event, a regular PCA logbook, which must include the two annual compliance forms. All of the applicable safety rules for driver and car equipment apply. All of the rules for on‐track conduct, including the 13/13 rule, apply.

1. Eligible models: Only 1983 or older air cooled (356, 911, 912, or 914) Porsches.

2. Classes:
V4O for four‐cylinder over 2.0L
V4U for four‐cylinder under 2.0L
VO for six‐cylinder over 2.4L,
VU for six‐cylinder under 2.4L
VGTO for high winged and or aero bodied (Sheridan, AIR body kits) cars over 3.0L
VGTU for high winged and or aero bodied (Sheridan, AIR body kits) cars under 3.0L

3. Performance: Air cooled engine displacement is open, subject to the six class criteria. Cars must, at a minimum, be eligible
to run in PCA Club Racing. Tires are free.

4. Practice and Sprint Run groups: The Vintage Group will run in separate, Vintage only, sessions. Races will be 30 minutes or
less.

5. National Championship points are not available for Vintage Group

And the picture you posted has the bypass valve correctly oriented...perhaps you could cock up the installation but I think that would take effort.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)