Thread: K27-7200 issue
View Single Post

The nipple is holding vacuum - put my Mighty vac on it.(where is Rawknees?). And as Chris suggested - tried blowing thru the bottom port, when closed. Sealed. Also did the test on Spuggys link - push a socket up the bottom port (lift the valve/diaphragm) then block the nipple and remove socket. Should hold valve open. And it does.
It is working, and appears like it is plumbed OK. I am beginning to think my turbo guy is on to it - regarding the heat. The problem is I can't avoid that much heat.
Jacob - we would have to throw all those classes together to scratch up a field. population approaching 4M, spread over a country the length of approx 2000km. Getting enough cars to the track is usually the issue. Without splitting what we have. Which is why our class is reasonably popular (but we still struggle at times - they have had to 'bend' the rules to accomodate more participators ). I have been racing with this group since it began - around 2001. Before that Karts. The circuit racing was cheaper than Karts. Until I got the 930 :-)
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 04-12-2018, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)