Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E30 (-1991) and Earlier...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Gladiator

Location: Near Annaolis Md . along the Severn River in the woods.
Garage
e30 et al brake bleeding

Old cars always have the black soot in the bottom of the resovoir so I use a (cutoff) kerosine fuel siphon pump to remove all the old fluid than clean the bottom of the resivoir with a screwdriver and paper towels. No need to push more crap into the system.
Refill with fresh than using a 28 inch stick I pump the peddle than jam the stick against the seat support - adjust seat as needed - to keep pressure on the system.
Fix a tube on the bleader with a clear jar for old fluid - release the screw - than go back to the stick and push the peddle while looking under the car for the expended fluid.

Also I use some newspsper with a small hole torn in the center to go over the resevoir opening to prevent spillage.-

I have been told that when using a helper to pump the brakes the peddle should not be pushed to the floor because the plunger could go past the 'wear area' and start a leak. - Maybe?

Clutch slave bleeding is weird - my best success is to remove it and let it dangle from the hose while fluid gravity drains.

Thanks for the tech articles -

Tom
Old 10-06-2016, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: