Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E46 (1999-2005)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Can I get your guys’s opinion please? Just got my expansion tank replaced ( Behr )3 w

https://imgur.com/1N5HGL6

https://imgur.com/1qzDNG9

dit: 2 additional images. I had a coolant leak and had water pump, expansion tank and thermostat replaced by mechanic 1. Mechanic 1 told me i Also had a steering fluid lead, and didnt even bother tight the steering pump hose and told me I need to replace the steering pump which would cost me $750. Took car to mechanic 2 for a second opinion and he told me mechanic 1 is an idiot and didn’t bother to even tight the steering pump hose (which was blatantly loose)despite me spending 1200 on a new cooling system. Mechanic 2 replaced the hose and i no longer have a steering fluid leak. Mechanic 2 works only on Bimmers and said expansion tank is a “ piece of ****” which was replaced less than 3 weeks ago and said it shouldn’t not touch the lines. I took the car back to mechanic 1 ( which i paid $1200) and he said it was fine and is Behr which is OE replacement . I am A new 2004 325i owner and need your opIon.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! On what are you looking for an opinion? Is your car experiencing any other issues after having mechanic #2 address the initial fault?
Old 11-11-2019, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: