Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E46 (1999-2005)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Beaker (guest)

Hi - Great set of images to assist with a thorough description. I have had an issue with my 2003 318 Tourer. It started running 'lumpy' a few weeks ago, then just about chugged me to home one day and now does not start, but 'chuggs' a coupe of times only. I have set about some work and so far have changed the fuel pump on recommendation, the spark plugs, the inlet and exhaust camshaft sensors, air and oil filters - but still will not start and now I am considering the fuel filter - any ideas..? Many thanks..

This post was auto-generated based upon a question asked on our tech article page here: BMW E46 Fuel Filter Replacement | BMW 325i (2001-2005), BMW 325Xi (2001-2005), BMW 325Ci (2001-2006), BMW 325ti (2001-2004) | Pelican Technical Article
Old 04-05-2017, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It's tough fixing one of these without any faults to go off of. Is it possible to check the faults? I think the only other things left, assuming that it cranks over but doesn't start, crank sensor, EWS (car would not crank), some mechanical issue (cranking would sound uneven), blown fuse, bad fuel pump relay (check the voltage at pump while cranking), EKP module (if equipped), weak battery, or DME. I think a fault code scan of the entire vehicle with a BMW scan tool is in order, this list could get expensive to fix with replacing parts blindly!

- Casey
Old 04-05-2017, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: