Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2007 E93 rear windows won't come up.

My wife came home yesterday with the top down and rear windows were down and hot and smoking. I disconnected the battery and pulled the driver side rear window motor and it was completely melted. I've ordered both motors but need to know how they are wired. All the fuses are good and I can't seem to find where the power supply to the windows comes from. Does anyone have a electrical schematic for this car, or and idea of how the windows are powered? I don't want to power this up until I figure out why this happened. TIA. Roy
Old 08-24-2018, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello - I thought that we had a DIY for the rear window regulator, but we only have one for the front window. If you're going to be working and maintaining the car yourself, consider getting a workshop manual for the E9x. It'll have all the procedures, torque specs, and diagrams that you'll need. I've attached a link below, please let us know if you have any questions.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/catalog/shopcart/BOOK/POR_BOOK_bkbnBW_pg12.htm
Old 08-24-2018, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply Dmitry. I will order one of those manuals. Does anyone else have any idea what could have caused this problem?
Old 08-25-2018, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I downloaded this manual and there is virtually nothing on the rear windows on a convertible (E93). There is a small wiring diagram for the rear windows, but not much help.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: