Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

VANOS Solenoid Connection

Hi, Need some help please on VANOS Solenoid connection on a BMW 325i, e90, N52.

I was cleaning up a oil spill and disconnected the plug connections to the VANOS solenoid valve without noticing which plug was for the intake and which for the exhaust.

A really basic, stupid mistake however unfortunately both the plugs are identical.

Can you please advise which connection the fuel injectors connect to?
I believe the top is the intake and the bottom is the exhaust.
If possible a photograph would help for now and for future use.

Thanking you in advance.

Nick

Old 06-30-2019, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

on my 328i the bottom is the exhaust and you want the plug coming down from the oil filter housing harness the intake connector comes from the passenger side power box harness.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

Clean the sealing surfaces of the solenoid as well as the block where the solenoid goes into. Don't use cotton, use a strong paper towel and a full pick inside the towel to get the hard to reach spots. Check that there are gaskets on the solenoids. Iirc there are two, a round rubber one and a plastic square one. Shake the solenoids, you should hear the rattling of the valve inside the unit. Then tighten those back in to 9 NM of torque. If you still have issues, read the codes and come back to us.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: