Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
My wife has an '07 335Xi as her DD. Fuel pump already done, not sure how likely it is that the turbos will fail. Great car, she loves it.

Edit: She really wanted a 330Xi stick shift, but we couldn't find one anywhere. Drove the 328, 330 & 335 back to back & she really liked the power of the 335. Looked at a few cars but nothing worked out until we found this one. 2007 335Xi with the cold weather, sports & awd packages. Auto with 80k on the odo. Paid $15, 450 for it. One thing this one has that we didn't see on any of the others is the aluninium dash. I like it!

The black grille was on eBay & I painted the rims myself using rattle cans.
'89 Carrera Targa SOLD

Last edited by Paul K; 06-23-2015 at 11:16 AM..
Old 06-23-2015, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu View Post
Our dealer is pretty lame and customer service really sucks.
Neillo or Roseville?
Old 06-23-2015, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Thanks. I should have titled this, "anyone actually own one of these or work on them for a living?"

Hey, at least you didn't ask us to "post up" pictures of 335s.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

I'm a previous owner. As has been previously pointed out, the high pressure fuel pumps fail with some regularity. Yes, BMW will cover the replacement. Unfortunately, they rarely go out close to a BMW dealership.

Check to see if the automatic transmission fluid was changed after the 50K warranty period expired. If not, the transmissions start to show problems after 100K miles.

The thing that ultimately caused me to sell the car was the never ending electrical gremlins. The last one was when the car's brain decided the electrical steering lock was not unlocking and it refused to let me start the car.

Of course the one you are looking at may exhibit none of these problems. Just a roll of the dice.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Bumping this old thread back up. My wife daily drives a 2011 335 automatic (N55 engine). We bought it June 2014 at 18K miles just off a 3 year lease from the local dealership. Current mileage is 71K. I use a 2nd set of winter tires/wheels that I bought from a CCA member - Blizzak tires are very good on these cars (I'm in Northern VA - yes we have snow).

We bought an extended warranty thru the dealership - glad we did.

Warranty work performed so far:
Left muffler replaced (valve rattled)
Left rear door lock actuator replaced (slow to react)
Coolant expansion tank (cracked)
A/C evaporator (warm air during hot summer months)
Oil filter housing sealing ring (why do all BMW's do this?).
Re-flash of system - replaced faulty CIC
Front thrust rod bushings (@ 53K miles!)
Oil pan gasket (leaking oil)
VANOS bolts (recalled)

They had the car for 1 week during the evaporator replacement (Paid only a $ 100 deductible). During a re-flash of the car to fix a fluctuating idle condition, they found the CIC was faulty and replaced it at no charge.

We keep up on the regular maintenance supplemented by extra oil changes. I need to change the trans. fluid now.

The original Continental run flat tires lasted about 60K miles - I put Michelin run flats on it from TireRack. Still has the factory brakes on it!

We love it but try not to think what's next on the list.

Last edited by jgerock; 11-23-2016 at 05:14 PM..
Old 11-23-2016, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: