Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

BMW Roundel Temporary (2-3s) loss of power accelerating through 4500rpm

2007 325xi E91 N52 (2.9l, 6 cyl) automatic

Any ideas what could be the most likely cause of the following problem:

Given cold humid weather conditions the engine most often (but not always) loses power when accelerating _through_ around 4500rpm at full throttle. A typical case would be full throttle motorway acceleration in low gears and engine loosing power for 2-4 seconds upon reaching about 4400rpm until it creeps over about 4700rpm, after which the full power is regained. There is no loss of power under 4400 rpm and there is no loss of power above 4800rpm. Downshifting at below 4400rpm to skip the problem region and go straight to above 4800rpm helps: engine runs in full power from 0 all the way to 6500rpms, but it is no fun.

In Swiss weather conditions, i.e. properly cold Winter and property hot Summer, I first had this problem last Winter and it lasted until mid Spring. Then it was gone and reappeared last week (mid Autumn) as the temperatures dropped and humidity came back. As such I assume it has to do with cold air and moisture somewhere.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Last edited by osklyar; 10-18-2015 at 01:09 PM..
Old 10-18-2015, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
e90 , humid , n52 , power loss