Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
E90 Trifecta...

OK, I am sure there is a post somewhere on the forums on this subject. I am to lazy this morning to search for it. The reason why I am a little lazy this morning is because I spent nearly 9 hours replacing my right rear hub just to replace the tone ring.. That being said here is the back story.
About 4 months ago I had a dead battery, after jumping the battery using the proper terminals under the hood, the car ran fine, no issues, then later that day after leaving work, I got the trifecta of error lights, abs, brake traction control. So I drive on home after stopping beside the road for a quick look over of the car... I didn't see anything that could have caused it, I called a BMW tech friend of mine, he laughed and said it was the abs/speed sensor. He asked me to bring it over so he could check out the car, after I replaced the battery and had it register with the car, he reset the warning lights. which they came back on, he confirmed it was a bad sensor.. After replacement of said sensor and code reset, the codes came back, he tested the abs system, etc... ran all the proper tests, everything electronically checked out, we tested the sensor to make sure it was getting power, to which it was.... he suggested the tone ring could be bad... (last night I saw it was nicked) So I got a replacement axle, and installed it, btw most posts on axle replacement must not be fully truthful, they do not just come out.. we had to drill the center of the axle on the hub side... this thing was stuck in there good... yes I got alot of info from BMW, and other forums on this subject.. after making sure the hub was clean and we replaced the axle, tightened everything up, I reset the codes, took it for a test drive only to have the codes come back.... Now I have no idea what else to do. HELP!!!! and thanks
Old 03-06-2016, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

What are the exact BMW faults in the DSC unit?
Old 03-07-2016, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
No message from DTC. I believe that what it was, another which I am positive it was.. Speed sensor rear right.... according to the cars computer I am getting CC-ID 24,50,354,326
Old 03-07-2016, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

I'd check the wiring between the sensor and the DTC module. If that looks good it could be a faulty DTC module. It's pretty common to go bad.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Ill check it, but mt indie guy said it was fine
Old 03-09-2016, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: