Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Control Arm Lower Ball Joint 07 328XI

Having trouble getting ball joint off knuckle. From what I read people use brute force with large hammer or drill it out? Has anyone done this job? I removed the 2 T50 screws. I was hoping to use one of the ball joint removal tools to remove. Not a lot of room to get at it..
Old 01-09-2017, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Welcome to the forum! I've attached a link to the front and rear DIY tech articles from our site. They should help you troubleshoot and fix the control arm. Best of luck!

BMW Front Control Arm Replacement

BMW Rear Upper Control Arm Replacement

-Dmitry
Old 01-10-2017, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you Dmitry for the reply,

The DIY relates to non XI cars, on the XI the Lower ball joint on the Lower Rearward is facing down and is pressed on the knuckle (pressed up but pointed down) (not sure if pressed or just rusted in there?) and has 2 T50 torx bolts holding it in.

I've read where people hammer it out or even drill it out. I really don't want to pound on the spindle. I'm figuring there has to be a ball joint removal tool that is used?

-thanks
Old 01-10-2017, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
control arm , lower ball joint , x-drive