Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Bhugz2512 (guest)

Hi i have a 2010 Bmw e90 320i and I have hear a ticking noise from the front of the car and thought it was a loose brake caliper then as I was driving i have noticed that the ticking noise just comes along when I exceed 2500rpm. After a day or two of this i was driving and I lost throttle and the yellow engine failure light was flashing. When I turned the car off and tried to start it again, it just kept swinging. After some time trying to see what the problem was the guy that did my diagnostics had told me that the car had a lot of fault codes and once he corrected them he had told me that two cylinders had no compression. I have a feeling it might be the valve lifters. Please advise.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I think that even with bad lifters you would still have compression. Have him perform a cylinder leakdown test and see where the leak presents itself: crankcase, intake or exhaust?

- Casey
Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: