Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

E90 turns off while driving and idle/surge while at a stop

I have an 08 e90 it's been acting up lately, where it starts idling very bad at a stop or if in park. check engine light comes on, then it goes away when I turn it off and crank it back up a couple times. It also has turned off out of no where no warning at all. When that happens I come to a complete stop put in park and it cranks back up like nothing and keeps on driving like normal .

Would really appreciate the help thanks !
Old 03-14-2017, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

How does it act while you drive it? Have you plugged into your DME to check for fault codes? How many miles and what routine maintenance items have you replaced recently? This is the first step to go as it could be a number of things. I have seen surging, jerking type things result in an issue with a coil. I suggest to first check for codes and inspect the condition of your coils. Let me know what you find out.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: