Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
aaronc1976 (guest)

This is a great write up and was planning on using it to get seats out to replace the passenger occupancy mat sensor. Before I try and tackle this job, just wanted to get your opinion. Basically, when I start the car and move into drive, about a 100 feet later the seatbelt light and chime goes on for about a minute and then shuts off. This happens every time I initially place the car into drive. It does not usually come back on again until I start the car again. There is no airbag warning light on the dash and the overhead console light is illuminated showing the airbag is not activated. The light and chime will go off if I buckle the seatbelt in. This is of course happening when there is no passenger in the seat. When there is a passenger in the seat, all appears to be well. There is no light or chime and the overhead console light turns off showing airbag is activated. I have Carly for BMW code reader and reset tool. There are no fault codes stored in the computer. I have scanned it multiple times, even tried while it was doing it, but there are no error codes and airbag light is not on the dash. The question is, could it be something other than the mat sensor and if so, what could it be?

Old 03-29-2017, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I believe that there is a weight sensing calibration that is to be performed, however I have not yet performed that operation. I will post to the forums and see if another member can offer guidance.

- Casey
Old 03-29-2017, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: