Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

E90 door lock

Hi,

I have a 2006 325i and i have an issue with my front passenger door lock.

In summary the door lock doesn't function, that is it doesn't release the door.

I can hear a clunk coming from the lock when the central locking is activated yet the lock does not unlock.

Nor does the lock unlock nor release the door when the inside lever is pulled.

I have pulled the door card far away from the door to be able to manually activate both the inside lever and with the use of a metal ruler, the outside lever.

Apart from not unlocking and not releasing the door, the other functions of the unit appear to be functioning.

So the question is how on earth do i open the door??

Many thanks, Mark7
Old 05-21-2017, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum Mark! I've attached a link to our site's DIY tech article that I think will help you troubleshoot your lock issue. If you have any more questions or need further details, please feel free to post a Comment just below the article, and someone will get back to you with specifics. Hope this helps and best of luck!

BMW E90 Door Latch Replacement | E91, E92, E93 | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article
Old 05-22-2017, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi, I replaced driver side actuator. Inside button now locks/unlocks. But fobs do not lock/unlock/open trunk. Do they need programed?
Also had read that if front should replace the pair?

QUOTE=Dmitry at Pelican Parts;9596918]Hello and welcome to the forum Mark! I've attached a link to our site's DIY tech article that I think will help you troubleshoot your lock issue. If you have any more questions or need further details, please feel free to post a Comment just below the article, and someone will get back to you with specifics. Hope this helps and best of luck!

BMW E90 Door Latch Replacement | E91, E92, E93 | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article[/QUOTE]
Old 05-24-2017, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: