Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2006 Bmw 320i e90 Auto - Red transmission warning light

Evening all. I have a problem with my 2006 320i a/t. We bought the car 3rd hand i can say October 2016 and did not have issues with it until we took it for a lond distance drove. On the day it was very hot and after about 150 kms or so of driving the red transmission lamp came on...the one that looks like gears with an exclamation mark in the middle. We stopped on the side of the road and let it cool down a bit and then started it again and at first it would not get off park. We let cool down a bit and tried again and we managed to drive on. The problem persisted though for a while and we tool the car for a service and asked for diagnostics and the vvt and a gearbox service came up. The car would jerk very hard when trying to pull off a traffic light and the lamp would come on again. It got to a point where it was not changing gears and would be at 5000rpms when only at 100kms/h. At a certain point it refused to reverse at a steep incline and would shake when trying to go forward on an incline. Last weekend we changed the vvt and did a transmission oil and filter change as well as the gear box service. We thought the issue was sorted and on the day of the service no issues came up but a day after i was stuck in traffic for about an hour in the morning and when i got to an incline it lost all power and started jerking and the lamp came on again. I switched off and on and could proceed. On Thursday after driving for about an hour or so on the hot day the same thing happened but on a flat road. Right now the car is parked in my yard and the transmission lamp comes on just by starting the car. I have had diagnostics done on it and no fault codes can be picked up. We are at a loss and have no clue what to do next. I have read that we may need to change the gm transmission sensors and seal and perhpas solenoids and mechatronic valve. I am a Mrs and have no clue what this all means but am desperate for some direction as to what to do. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: