Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

E92 M3 "Dead" Battery/Cable problem

So I have a 2011 E92 M3, I went out to start it one day and no response from the key fab (relatively new FAB battery) then when I manually opened it with the key the alarm started going off. I had to leave for work so I came out the next day, and the alarm did not sound. No dash lights, nothing even with key inserted into the dash. I replaced the battery, and still nothing so I called The car part store I took the core too and they said the new battery was slightly drained so they charged it and tested it and it was still good. I've heard whispers of the 3 Series having a recall on the cable that runs from the battery to the fuse box. I also heard that the recall did not affect the E92 M3 9 (for some reason). Anyways, the dealer said they can test the cable, (still not sure if they need it still partially attached to the car or if they can just test the cable by itself. Anyways, I believe the problem is in the fuse that's in the cable, I just have no clue where in the car the cable is and how to identify it. From my understanding its behind the glove box and floor panel in the passenger side but I'm not sure or know really where to find the answer. Any help would be much appreciated, as I miss driving it!!! Thanks guys!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hi Chuck and welcome the forum! I'm attaching a link to a DIY tech article from our site on the E9x platform; specifically where you can find access to the battery terminal cable. If you have any other questions, please feel free to post a Comment just below the article and one of our techs will get back to you with more details. Hope this helps you get the M3 back on the road, best of luck!

https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/techarticles/BMW-3-Series-E90/BASICS-Battery_Connection_Notes_Replacement/BASICS-Battery_Connection_Notes_Replacement.htm
Old 03-21-2018, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
battery cable problem , dead battery